Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the The Westcott Series series.
- #1: Someone To Love: Avery's Story (The Westcott Series #1) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: Someone to Hold: Camille's Story (The Westcott Series #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Someone to Wed: Alexander's Story (The Westcott Series #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Someone to Care: Viola's Story (The Westcott Series #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: Someone to Trust: Elizabeth's Story (The Westcott Series #5) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: Someone to Honor: Abby's Story (The Westcott Series #6) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #8: Someone to Cherish: Harry's Story (The Westcott Series #8) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Someone Perfect: Estelle's Story (The Westcott Series #9) (Mass Market): $8.99
Love comes when you least expect it in this captivating new novel in the Westcott Regency romance series from New York Times bestselling author Mary Balogh.
Lady Jessica Archer lost interest in the glittering excitement of romance after her cousin and dearest friend, Abigail, was rejected by the ton when her father was revealed to be a bigamist. Now that she is twenty-five, however, Jessica decides it is time to wed. Though she no longer believes she will find true love, she is still very eligible. She is, after all, the sister of Avery Archer, Duke of Netherby.
Jessica considers the many qualified gentlemen who court her. But then she meets the mysterious Gabriel Thorne, who has returned to England from the New World to claim an equally mysterious inheritance. Jessica considers him completely unsuitable, especially when, while they are still barely acquainted, he announces his intention to wed her.
When Jessica guesses who Gabriel really is, however, and watches the lengths to which he will go in order to protect those who rely upon him, she is drawn to his cause--and to the man.
About the Author
Mary Balogh has written more than one hundred historical novels and novellas, more than forty of which have been New York Times bestsellers. They include the Bedwyn saga, the Simply quartet, the Huxtable quintet, the seven-part Survivors' Club series, and the Westcott series.
Praise for the novels of Mary Balogh
“One of the best!”—Julia Quinn
"Balogh is today’s superstar heir to the marvelous legacy of Georgette Heyer, (except a lot steamier!)”—Susan Elizabeth Phillips
"With her brilliant, beautiful and emotionally intense writing Mary Balogh sets the gold standard in historical romance."—Jayne Ann Krentz
"When it comes to historical romance, Mary Balogh is one of my favorites!"—Eloisa James
“A superb author whose narrative voice comments on the characters and events of her novel in an ironic tone reminiscent of Jane Austen.”—Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
“Mary Balogh just keeps getting better and better…interesting characters and great stories to tell...well worth your time.”—The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
“I loved this book. I read it in one sitting and it made me smile a lot and cry a little.”—Smart Bitches, Trashy Books