Insiders Talk: How to Get and Keep Your First Lobbying Job shows aspiring lobbyists how to prepare for and get your first lobbying job and then, during your first critical weeks in the profession, how to establish the reputation that will direct the rest of your career. How to Get and Keep Your First Lobbying Job prepares aspiring lobbyists to answer career-defining questions before opportunity comes:
- Do I know what lobbying really requires?
- Do I have the aptitude to succeed as a lobbyist?
- What kind of lobbyist do I want to become?
- Where do I start building the expertise that makes me a good hire?
- How do I build job-opening relationships?
- How do I prepare myself before looking for a job?
- What do I do to define myself during my first days on the job?
"It is better to be prepared and not have an opportunity than to have an opportunity and not be prepared." Franco Genarro, NCAA/NFL Sports Chaplain