Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series series.
- #1: Dog on It: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #1) (Paperback): $16.99
- #2: Thereby Hangs a Tail: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #2) (Paperback): $17.99
- #3: To Fetch a Thief: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #3) (Paperback): $17.00
- #4: The Dog Who Knew Too Much: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #4) (Paperback): $17.99
- #6: The Sound and the Furry: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #6) (Paperback): $17.99
- #7: Paw and Order: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #7) (Paperback): $17.99
- #8: Scents and Sensibility: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #8) (Paperback): $17.99
The fifth installment in the New York Times bestselling mystery series that the Los Angeles Times says is “nothing short of masterful.”
Everyone’s favorite detective team returns in a new adventure as canine narrator Chet and his human partner P.I. Bernie Little find that Hollywood has gone to the dogs.
While Tinseltown bad boy Thad Perry is in town shooting a big-budget Western, Bernie and Chet have to keep him out of trouble. But soon they discover Thad has a mysterious connection to the Valley, and the only people who know his secrets keep turning up dead before they can talk.
As Bernie’s love life goes long-distance and Chet’s late-night assignations give rise to an unexpected dividend, it’s all our two sleuths can do to keep the actor in their sights. Worst of all, Thad is a self-proclaimed cat person, and his feline friend Brando has taken an instant dislike to Chet.
Like the winning books before it, this fifth book in the series combines a topnotch mystery with genuine humor and a perceptive take on the relationship between human and dog that will stay with you long after the case is solved.
About the Author
Spencer Quinn is the bestselling author of eight Chet and Bernie mystery series, as well as the #1 New York Times bestselling Bowser and Birdie series for middle-grade readers. He lives on Cape Cod with his wife Diana—and dogs Audrey and Pearl. Keep up with him by visiting SpenceQuinn.com.
Praise for A Fistful of Collars
“Between Chet’s insightful and humorous takes on human events, the fast-paced plot, and the wealth of fascinating secondary characters, this is a fine entry in a not-to-be-missed series."
"Once again, Quinn…effectively uses a dog narrator while avoiding the sentimentality that marks many animal-centered cozies."
“You would think that by the fifth series title, Quinn might have run out of ideas and quips—he hasn't. Fans of Janet Evanovich or Donna Andrews will enjoy Quinn's humorous and entertaining mysteries.”
“Chet, who continues as narrator in this exciting fifth installment of the series…always gets it right in the end.”
"This delightful buddy tale... will have no problem engaging and entertaining readers just discovering this series." --Shelf Awareness
Praise for the New York Times Bestselling Chet and Bernie Mystery Series
"Nothing short of masterful."
--Los Angeles Times
"Even cat lovers will howl with delight."
"Spencer Quinn speaks two languages--suspense and dog--fluently."
"Pulls the reader along as if on a leash."
“Quinn radiates pure comic genius…You don't have to be a dog lover to enjoy this deliciously addictive series.”
—Publishers Weekly (Starred Review)
“These books… are as skillfully rendered as they are clever and fully worthy of the attention of any reader."
— The Denver Post