The third edition of Barron’s 501 English Verbs is a valuable reference for ESL students and all students of English grammar. This guide includes the 501 most common regular and irregular English verbs, and comes with a CD-ROM that offers practice exercises in verb conjugation and a concise grammar review.
This comprehensive guide to English verbs is ideal for students, travelers, and adult learners. It includes:
- Each verb listed alphabetically in easy-to-follow chart form—one verb per page, completely conjugated in all tenses
- Clear review of the grammar rules for verb usage
- A list of 550 problem verbs with their principal parts
- A list of hundreds of additional regular verbs
- Tips on idiomatic verb usage
- An index to the verbs that includes irregular forms
- A revised Phrasal Verbs section presenting 55 essential forms with multiple example sentences
About the Author
Thomas R. Beyer Jr. earned a B.S. in Russian from Georgetown University and a Ph.D. in Slavic Literatures from the University of Kansas. For the past 35 years,he has been a Professor of Russian at Middlebury College in Vermont. He is the author of more than a dozen books to learn Russian and has executed several translations of the Russian writer Andrei Bely. Considered an expert on Russian writers in emigration in Germany and the United States, Professor Beyer has lectured extensively in Russia, Germany, and the United States. For the past few years he has offered seminars on the works of Dan Brown, designed to permit students and readers to separate fact from fiction.