Protect and profit from your invention
For 35 years, Patent It Yourself has guided hundreds of thousands of inventors through the process of getting a patent, from start to finish. Patent attorneys David Pressman and David E. Blau provide the latest information, forms, and clear instructions to help you:
- conduct a patent search the right way
- evaluate your idea's commercial potential
- file a provisional patent application to get "patent pending" status
- prepare a patent application
- focus on your patent application's claims
- respond to patent examiners
- get your drawings done right
- protect your rights in foreign countries
- deal with infringers, and
- market and license your invention.
The 20th edition covers the latest patent filing rule changes, including the most recent implications of the America Invents Act first-to-file rules.
With downloadable forms: All essential forms, including a Nondisclosure Agreement, Patent Searcher's Worksheet, and Design Patent Application are included in the book and are available for download (details inside).