How to prepare and present a winning civil court case
Many disputes are too big for small claims court but too small to justify a lawyer's fee. Fortunately, if you're willing to learn the courtroom ropes, you can successfully handle your own case from start to finish.
Represent Yourself in Court breaks the pretrial and trial process down into easy-to-understand steps. Armed with these clear and thorough instructions, you'll be well prepared to:
- draft and file court papers
- get help from an attorney or legal coach
- obtain and prepare your evidence, including social media postings
- handle depositions
- line up, prepare, and examine witnesses
- present an opening statement
- make and respond to objections
- pick a jury if necessary, and
- deal with the court clerk and judge
Whether you're a plaintiff or a defendant, this book will help you handle a bankruptcy, divorce, landlord-tenant dispute, breach of contract case, small business dispute--or any other civil lawsuit.
The 10th edition is completely updated to include the latest rules and court procedures.