How many of us follow the same advice our grandparents followed: contribute whatever we can to our 401(k) and hope it's enough when the time comes to retire?
Millions of Americans did just that and in 2008, after years of saving the conventional way, the market crashed and took their entire nest egg, seemingly overnight. Josh Jalinski, host of the popular Financial Quarterback(TM) radio program, offers his proven system for a SWAN (sleep-well-at-night) retirement that works for people in all stages of their careers.
Retirement Reality Check challenges fifty years of conventional retirement planning with fresh strategies tailored to today's volatile economic climate:
- The old warhorse 401(k) is great but nowhere near enough for most retirees and definitely not reliable.
- It's okay to spend some of your IRA money before you are 701/2.
- You can spend a lot more than 4 percent a year of your savings when you retire.
- Don't shun annuities and whole life insurance policies; use the right ones and use them cleverly.
Retirement should be a time to enjoy family, friends, and travel, without worrying about your financial security. Josh Jalinski shows you how to maximize your retirement spending, while still having something to leave behind to your loved ones and favorite causes.
It's time create a new paradigm, one that will stand up against market volatility and be there when it's time to enjoy the years you worked so hard for. Do you have enough saved to enjoy your retirement? Will you be able to fund your bucket list? Are you prepared to for the tax increases and medical bills that come with retirement?
In this practical new guide, Jalinski guides you through his proven system for planning for a secure retirement that lets you enjoy your money, including:
- Tax-saving strategies to maximize the amount of money you have available to spend on experiences, travel, and expenses
- Understanding the right investment mix, depending on your individual circumstances
How saving cash and different life insurance options help you weather volatility and ensure you can pass wealth on to family members