Other Books in Series
This is book number 30 in the Sister Fidelma Mystery series.
- #28: Night of the Lightbringer (Sister Fidelma Mystery #28) (Hardcover): $32.95
- #29: Bloodmoon (Sister Fidelma Mystery #29) (Hardcover): $32.95
- #31: Shapeshifter's Lair (Sister Fidelma Mystery #31) (Hardcover): $29.99
- #32: The House of Death (Sister Fidelma Mystery #32) (Hardcover): $29.99
- #33: Death of a Heretic (Sister Fidelma Mystery #33) (Hardcover): $29.99
An outsider's life hangs in the balance when Sister Fidelma decides she must intervene to expose the real culprit behind the horrific slaughter of a local family. Ireland, AD 671. The hamlet of Cloich n is said to be a veritable Eden, with its prosperous farms and close-knit, friendly community. But after a local farmer, his wife and two sons are murdered, a fanatical new priest orders the villagers to lynch the man accused of the crime. The only evidence they hold against him is the fact that he is a stranger to their land. Searching for accommodation on their journey home to Cashel, Sister Fidelma and Brother Eadulf arrive at Cloich n just in time to save the man's life. Fidelma is determined that the villagers must give the newcomer a fair trial. But there is to be more bloodshed in Eden and more lives will be lost.
Danger and mayhem disrupt this once sleepy and trusting hamlet. In this vivid portrayal of a medieval time, the webs of intrigue begin to unravel, friends become enemies, and no one knows who to trust....