Otters are some of the most delightful animals on the planet.
These long, lean, furry creatures embody pure joy in so many ways - they live for napping, playing, making friends and eating, and forget about the rest. Pretty inspiring, right?
In a world that can often seem divided, lonely, and just plain cruel, the otter reminds us of what's important in life.
What other animal:
- Holds hands with their friends whilst napping so they don't float away?
- Communicates in a flurry of whistles, chirps, chuckles, clicks and coos?
- Builds a waterslide on a daily basis?
- Befriends other species, just because?
- Eats food off their tummy while floating peacefully with their pals?
These intelligent, adorable, water-dwelling mammals have a lot to teach us about the way we live. So, kick back, grab a pal, dive in and reconnect with your playful side, just like you otter
About the Author
Jennifer McCartney is a New York Times bestselling author. Her work has appeared in a variety of outlets such as Vice magazine and The Atlantic, and she writes regularly for Publishers Weekly. She is the author of The Little Book of Sloth Philosophy.